Friday, June 5, 2009

The Light Within

Author
Karla Solano

The light within is the divine spark our creator blessed us with at the moment we were conceived. This divine spark is like a candle flame shining brightly within our hearts, guiding us in manifesting perfection from the inside out. This light is our true connection to the Divine and when we decide to follow the wrong path, or when we allow others to overshadow our existence we can dim this fragile light very quickly; thus threatening to lose ourselves in the shuffle.

When our light within dims, our external appearance changes as well; we begin to look stressed out, sick, unhappy and lifeless. There is a reason why they say that our eyes are the window to our soul; our eyes are a reflection which mirrors our inner most secret emotions. No matter how much we try to hide how we feel, our eyes will always tell the truth that we carry within. When we lose touch with the Divine spark, our eyes lose the purity and radiance that connects us to our infinite essence.

Unfortunately, we live most of our lives unaware about this inner light and we are constantly allowing it to be overshadowed by our external circumstances. Looking back at my life 2 ½ yrs ago, I can remember how the stress of the job I had at that time consumed me, while my marriage was destroying and sucking the life out of me. I had nowhere to turn to for peace and quiet. Going to work had become a nerve wrecking odyssey and going home was a dreadful, chaotic and draining experience on its own.

All of this was happening at the same time, making me feel desperate, out of control, and I felt as though I was trapped without a way out. Those circumstances destroyed me emotionally, and physically. I started to have heart problems due to the high levels of stress; I remember looking at myself in the mirror being only 31yrs old and feeling as though I had aged 10 yrs. I couldn’t recognize myself anymore, I looked like and empty shell and I felt like a lost soul. The glow in my eyes was not there anymore; I had turned inward while dealing with all of this turmoil because I didn’t want anyone to know what was going on in my life and this was the worst thing I could have done, because keeping all the problems inside was causing me to dim my light to an almost non-existent spark.

My life was upside down for a long time until I finally began to turn to my Divine essence for help; I began to look within for the courage and the strength to make the right choices that would benefit my well being. I finally came to the realization that the main priority was to pick up all the pieces of my soul or what was left of it and take a stand for what I believed was right for me. I no longer accepted the chaos in my life, I decided to confront the people that were making my life a living hell both at work and in my personal life, and giving myself the respect I deserved I took a chance to turn my life around.

It wasn’t until I decided to connect with my Divine essence that I realized that life was not meant to be lived in chaos and unhappiness. I came to terms with the fact that I had the power to change the situations in my life that were no longer serving a positive purpose in my existence. This connection to the Divine gave me strength I never knew I had to follow through with choices I never thought I could make. Amazingly enough, as I started to gain this inner strength and courage so did the light within me begin to shine brighter and brighter. It felt as though a heavy weight was being lifted off my back one pound at a time; and as each pound was lifted a piece of my soul was being put back making me whole again.

It was amazing to see how my life started to change, not only was I being transformed from the inside but my whole external reality began to turn around. The situation at my job changed completely for me as I was transferred to a different division where the environment was much more peaceful and my new supervisor was a sweet and loving person with no drama; I decided to put a stop to the suffering my marriage was causing me and I decided to take a stand for myself and let go of my emotional attachment to someone who did not know how to appreciate me. Letting go of that relationship was one of the hardest decisions I ever made, but now that I look back, I realize that it was the best choice I could have made for my well being.

The connection with my divinity helped me find myself again because I did not know who I was for a long time. My internal light began to shine so bright that it was showing the transformation in a very dramatic way to the point where people started to notice and would comment on how young, radiant and beautiful I looked, my environment also was transformed to a very peaceful and joyful living. I did not dread coming home anymore and I could actually breathe without my heart being broken. Peace and light became a strong presence in my existence; thus, helping me to remember to always keep that inner light switch ON.

You see, life is full of challenges and it is up to us to keep connected to our Divine essence so that we don’t ever lose ourselves to the people and circumstances that come our way. It is imperative to always be aware and keep our essence intact no matter how draining the circumstances become, because at the end of the day when all the chaos in our lives dissipates, we still are responsible for our own well being and we are the only ones that can and will pick up the pieces of our soul.

No comments: