Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trusting the people in our life

Author
Karla Solano

I have noticed that we, as a human race, have a tendency to stereotype each other in an unfair and negative way. This inclination to typecast others maybe due to an unpleasant incident someone may have put us through at one point in our lives. However, it is important to keep in mind that we are all individuals with different personalities and it is not fair to judge and distrust others based on the damage one person may have caused us.

We have all experienced pain from someone we cared about, but that shouldn’t stop us from being able to trust people ever again. While it is true that we don’t ever want to allow anyone to take advantage of us or play with our emotions; it is necessary to keep an open heart towards the new people who come into our lives, so that we don’t miss the opportunity to allow good-hearted individuals in our worlds.

There is a lot to be learned from painful experiences caused by others; I can only speak from personal experience, but I have found out that the pain people have caused me in the past, has allowed me to discover amazing things about myself that I never knew I was capable of doing.

I learned how patient and tolerant I was for putting up with non-sense for a long period of time. I also figured out that no matter how submerged we are in a relationship, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, waiting to show us how wonderful life is even when we think our life would end if we were to leave that person.

One of the biggest lessons I discovered was that no matter how much anguish I experienced, I was able to fully forgive all the damage caused to me. Forgiveness has been the most fundamental feeling I had to encounter and although it wasn’t easy at times, I realized that without forgiveness there is no way to move on from the negative experiences we endure.

The universe will always bring people and situations into our life that will turn our worlds upside down, but this in no way should be an excuse to keep a grudge towards everyone else who had nothing to do with the true source of our pain.

Learning to forgive those who harmed us is paramount to releasing any feelings of hate, distrust, resentment and disgust. All of these negative feelings towards others only hinder our ability to free ourselves from pain and it puts a wall in between us and the truth to be manifested in our lives; a truth which can only bring peace, love and happiness.

Learn to live with an open heart, ready to embrace the new people and circumstances that come into your life. Free yourself from the need to hold onto the suffering caused by the inability to forgive others. And open yourself up to love and be loved again, because life is too short to waste it with feelings of apprehension and doubt about the intentions people may have.

No comments: